Travel light. Let go of unnecessary connections. Discover the world. Make every individual count.

7.14.2008

Congratulations to the New Miss Universe

Another Miss Universe pageant is over and done with. This is my 21st consecutive year viewing the telecast (Donald Trump should award me a good seat in Vegas next year when MU is held there).

Among the Top 15, I found Miss Colombia the fairest of them all (Taliana Vargas)



It's really a shame Miss USA slipped during the evening gown competition. This is the 2nd consecutive year that this happened to a Miss USA candidate. Photo of what happened in 2007 here



I was still shaking my head so I could not join her in applauding herself for the stunt.

Top 5: Colombia, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Russia


Final Q&A -- try answering these :

1) If you can go back in time and change a moment in your past, what would that be and why?

2) Do you believe men or women have easier life and why?

3) What is the biggest sacrifice you had to make and how did you handle it?

4) When is a woman truly satisfied?

5) Is there still discrimination against women and what can be done about it?



Riyo Mori (Japan; Miss Universe 2007). I've never seen an outgoing winner do her farewell walk in such an attire. Start spreading the news, I'm leaving today... New York, New York.

Voice over: And the first runner-up is...

Miss Colombia (silently) : "Miss Venezuela"
Miss Venezuela (silently) : "Miss Colombia"





New Miss Universe - Dayana Mendoza (Venezuela)

Photo Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/vietnam/2300418/Miss-Venezuela-crowned-Miss-Universe-on-unlikely-Vietnam-stage.html

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it! I knew that if I wanted info on the latest ms. universe pageant (since i missed it) I'd find it here. great blog. and your photos at zenfolio are really nice. was trying to enter my email so I could subscribe but it wouldn't let me...network problems i guess. i hope to hear from you soon.

7/18/2008 11:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home