Travel light. Let go of unnecessary connections. Discover the world. Make every individual count.

6.29.2008

New Specs

After 1.5 years, I decided to change my current Oakley specs to a new one. Still Oakley but for the first time since I began wearing specs (around 2000), I got a half frame.

Some of my friends wonder why I don't like wearing contact lenses. My standard answer: "Eyeglasses change the way I look. I will consider wearing contact lenses only when I need to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain"

Unfortunately, getting a branded pair results in the postponement of at least one overeas trip. But since I really don't have an overseas holiday planned for this year, the purchase didn't make me feel too guilty.

Let's do some math.

SGD 663 (cost of the new pair inclusive of lenses) / 547 days (1.5 years before the next replacement date) = SGD 1.21 per day

With the additional benefit of making me look different by wearing specs, that average daily cost is so justified. :p

My current pair which has traveled with me to several places goes on "reservist"; shall be activated when the need arises.

Old pair

New pair

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home