Travel light. Let go of unnecessary connections. Discover the world. Make every individual count.

3.23.2008

Taipei

First time in Taiwan. I traveled with Fanni, Daniel, and Angie.

Some observations:

1) Taiwan (called Formosa before) still has strong Japanese influence, based on how people dress up and the shops that line the streets.

2) Taipei is known for its night markets but sadly, they didn't impress me. I'm really a mall person.

3) Lots of mountain ranges -- never seen a city like that

4) Much cleaner than Shanghai and Hong Kong.

5) Public transport -- highly intuitive (referring to the MRT); there are priority seats for the disabled, elderly, and pregnant women (they treat this spot seriously so stay away from the blue seats or be kicked out)


Taipei 101 (the highest building in the world so far)

Front page of local newspaper - general elections were happening on the weekend we visited. The two opposing political parties had green and blue as their official colors so I had to change my travel wardrobe to white, yellow, and black!

Grand Hotel , the first (and/or only?) ancient Chinese looking hotel in Taiwan


Gigantic breaded chicken cutlet - I finished most of the piece I bought. 300x bigger than the Shihlin Taiwanese street snacks they sell here in Singapore



Night market featuring Fanni's long hair.


Angie, me, Daniel, Fanni with the lover's bridge at the background



Interesting. How come we don't have this sign in Singapore MRT stations?



These are the priority seats I was referring to in my entry above. If a passenger sitting in this area pretended not to see, he/she will be an outcast. :-)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home