Travel light. Let go of unnecessary connections. Discover the world. Make every individual count.

3.16.2008

Sunday Singapore Tour

Quite a busy Sunday.

After sleeping for around 9 hrs, I caught the 11am screening of "Step Up 2 : The Streets". I love morning screenings -- my attention span is extremely high and there is still much time left in the day to do other things.

"Step Up 2" is really a notch higher than the previous one. Here's the trailer:





I also bought the soundtrack.


After the movie, I went to Cedele to grab a sandwich, a cake, and a drink called... (drumroll please)


(read the label) and continue singing "... such a lonely word. Everyone is so untrue..."

They should give me free samples for advertising their product on my blog.

I resumed my "tour Singapore by taking random buses" activity today. I started it last year to enjoy my Sunday afternoon whenever I'm in town. I took the first bus from one of the stops near City Hall. Such journey brought me to Bukit Batok which is somewhere west. After an hour of warming the bus seat, I settled for a snack at McDonalds only to discover that there is a nearby shopping mall that offered more options. *sigh*

Bukit Batok bus interchange taken at an angle I use when taking photos at airports.

Had extra time so also decided to take the MRT to nearby Chou Chu Kang. It was also an interchange so I knew there was an easy way to get back home. What struck me about this part of the country is the number of people who jog, especially at the Bukit Batok area. I've never seen this many people jog on a weekend.


Saw around 10-12 joggers in a span of 10 mins, mostly in the proper running attire.

I should join the bandwagon soon (without the shorty shorts).

Time spent exploring new places : 4 hrs

Malls visited : 2

Unplanned purchases : SGD 60

Types of songs played in my MP3 player : Chinese pop and other English songs that make you cry

My survival pack (stuff in my bag) : Bus guide, street directory, foldable umbrella, MP3 player, digicam, toiletry bag, Time Out magazine, sunglasses, water spray.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally laughed with the Honest Tea. Hahahaha!! Hope your trip to Taiwan was fun. Missing you from US! :)

3/26/2008 10:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha...na-gets ko yung honest tea! iba talaga ang humor mo...panalo!

7/18/2008 11:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home