Travel light. Let go of unnecessary connections. Discover the world. Make every individual count.

4.13.2008

Sing a New Song

Apart from the shower and at KBox/Partyworld, people will now hear me singing in church.

This is probably one of the most exciting things I've done to be more active in the parish. I've been an altar boy before but never been part of a singing group.

For about two weeks, I tried to decide whether to join or not since I just don't want to join and disappear without a trace. I feel it is something I can truly commit to even if I anticipate skipping a few Sundays either due to essential business travel or "essential" personal holiday.

Joining my church's choir was easier than I had expected. I asked one of the choir heads if the choir were open for membership and he simply said, "Yeah. We usually rehearse after the mass for half an hour. Why don't you join us for the mass now?" Sometimes, life does not need to be complicated.

And the rest is history.

The choir members are warm and welcoming ; I'm sure I will get to know them better. Quite a good mix of single and married people either in their mid-20's or early 30's.


File photo from one of my several KTV sessions (this one was in May 2007)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you're part of the choir! Next time, Mom and I can watch you when we hear mass :)

4/24/2008 2:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home